Reports and company information
Visa card transaction notifications
Helping you detect potential fraudulent card activity with SMS notifications for Visa card transactions.
Earlier this year we wrote to you to let you know you can receive an SMS notification each time your Visa card is used. This service allows you to monitor your Visa card transactions more efficiently and helps detect potential fraudulent card activity earlier.
How to turn on SMS card notifications
- Login to Online Wealth Services via our mobile app or on desktop.
- In the “More” menu, choose “Card Management”
- Swipe through the list of cards to your required card.
- Select ‘Card Preferences’, then ‘Manage Notifications’.
- To receive SMS notifications for all card transactions, whether approved or declined, switch on the ‘Receive Notifications’ button.
To stop receiving SMS notifications for card transactions, switch the ‘Receive Notifications’ button off.
What to do if you suspect Card Fraud?
- If you suspect card fraud, you can report it via our 24-hour Visa helpline which is incorporated in the SMS text you receive.
- In Online Wealth Services, you can report your card lost or stolen, or you can place a ‘freeze’ on your card.
Click here to find out more about using the card features in Online Wealth Services.
Our client services team are also on hand to assist, and are available between 8am and 8pm (UK time), Monday to Friday (excluding UK public holidays), by calling:
- 0800 289936 if calling from the UK
- 0860 507090 if calling from South Africa
- +44 (0)1624 645000 if calling from the rest of the world.
We will ask you for characters from your security password to identify you when you call us. You can also contact the team via email using the following email address: [email protected].
Nedbank Private Wealth seeks to ensure we have the appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to protect your information, regardless of where it is held. These include, but are not limited to, enterprise firewalls, endpoint protection, two factor authentication, a 24/7 cyber monitoring service, annual cyber training for staff, strict access controls and a penetration testing programme.
For more information on how you can protect yourself against fraud, please click here.
Any information about cyber security may reference Nedbank Private Wealth’s products and services and should not be taken as advice or a recommendation. We may include details of products and services that Nedbank Private Wealth does not offer in your country of residence or that are suitable based on your personal circumstances. You should seek individual advice from a professional adviser before making any financial decision.
You may also be interested in the following Insights
Sign up for our updates
Stay up to date with the latest news, insights, and opinions from Nedbank Private Wealth by signing up to our newsletter. You can also register to be invited to our virtual events and hear directly from a wide range of experts. Sign up below. You can unsubscribe at any time.