1. When using this website and viewing its contents you agree and warrant that you do so in accordance with, and not in contravention of, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are resident, domiciled or located. Nedbank Private Wealth accepts no liability arising from your use or access of this website which is in contravention of the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are resident, domiciled or located.
3. By accessing the website, you confirm that you are an individual of at least 18 years of age or, if under 18, that you are accessing the website with full parental/guardian consent. In making use of the website, you agree to abide by any and all of these following terms and conditions governing use of the website. In these terms, “we”, “our” and “us” means Nedbank Private Wealth Limited and “you” and “your” means any natural or legal person using the website, and each entity on whose behalf the user acts.
The products and services on our website are directed solely at those resident in, and who can access them from, jurisdictions in which the display of this information is lawful.
6. The purpose of the website is to give information about our products and services, and how we aim to help clients. The information contained on the website is not intended to and does not constitute any offer by us to sell, neither is it intended to be an invitation or solicitation to buy, any product or service and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment or other decision. Any application form, agreement or other document for or relating to any service or product which can be downloaded from the website does not constitute any offer by us to provide the service or product to which it relates. Nedbank Private Wealth will not be bound by any communication from you. Nothing contained on the site constitutes business, financial, investment, trading, tax, legal, regulatory, accounting or any other advice, and is not to be relied on in making a financial and/or investments decision.
7. You agree to abide by all applicable laws, regulations and codes (including self regulatory), and you agree to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of the website.
8. You agree not to:
9. You agree that we have no control over third party content and information, which can be accessed via the website, and that we do not examine or edit the use to which you or others put the website, or the nature of the content or information being accessed, and that we are excluded from all liability of any kind arising from such content or information.
10. Neither we, nor any of our directors, employees or representatives shall be liable for any damages arising out of, or in connection with, the use of the website. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, and claims of third parties.
11. We will not be held responsible for the security of the website, for any disruption to the website (however caused) or for any loss or corruption of material when downloaded from the website onto any computer system. In particular, although we seek to ensure that any information specifically relating to you and your account which may be accessed by you is incapable of being accessed by any third party, we cannot be held responsible if third parties hack into such information or it otherwise becomes available to third parties. We do not warrant that your use of the website or material downloaded from it will not cause computer virus infection or other damage to property.
13. The copyright in the content of this website is owned by or licensed to us and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the website are owned by us. No part of the content of this website may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means without our prior written consent, except that you may print or download the visible text of an individual page for private and personal non-commercial use only. You may not reproduce any other part of the website (including without limitation the structure, overall style and program code).
14. No third party is permitted to link any other website to this site without obtaining our prior written consent.
15. The website may also contain links to other websites which are not under our control and are not maintained by us. We are not to be held responsible or be liable in any way for such websites, and cannot vouch for their suitability or accuracy of their content. We provide these links for your information and convenience only, and do not monitor or endorse the material on such other websites and you access them at your own risk. We shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or in any other way in connection with linking to websites.
16. We may at any time unpublish the website, or restrict your access to it, refuse to correspond with you, and/or remove your details from our database without prejudice to any other accrued rights.
17. We will not be held liable for the accuracy of information on the website and shall have the right, at all times and without the accountholder’s prior consent, to make any necessary adjustments to an accountholder’s account in respect of debits, credits, interest rates and value dates necessary to adjust any error or omission.
18. Internet communications are not secure unless the data being sent is encrypted. Please remember that email is not a completely secure means of communication: it is possible for others to intercept and to read your messages. Therefore, should you choose to send us information via email, it is at your own risk. We do not accept instructions given via email, unless you have completed the appropriate mandate.
19. We cannot take any responsibility for the unauthorised access by a third party and/or the corruption of data being sent by individuals to the offices of Nedbank Private Wealth.
20. Should your list of previous successful logins be unfamiliar, you should contact us immediately.
21. If you have internet access to view your account on-line, this details all your account transaction history and can be printed from your computer. You may therefore not receive credit advices, deposit confirmations or bank statements. Should you wish a statement to be sent to you, your account will be debited £5 per sheet.
22. If you have internet access to view your account online, please note that the prices shown for the portfolio holdings are not updated during the trading day and could be historic, depending on the pricing frequency of the individual holding and its availability to us.
24. We may assign to any person all or any of our rights under these terms.
25. Our failure to exercise or enforce any of our rights in connection with these terms shall not constitute a waiver of any such rights, unless acknowledged and agreed to by us to you in writing.
27. Nedbank Private Wealth Limited’s VAT No. is 301 3323 70.
28. The price, value of, or income from, your investments can fall, as well as rise, and you may not get back the whole of the original amount invested. Exchange rate changes may affect the value of investments. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
Any individual investment or security mentioned here may not be suitable, and is mentioned for information only and is not a recommendation. You should always seek professional advice before making any financial or investment decision.
Before participating in the foreign exchange market, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite, and have taken appropriate advice. Any information provided by the treasury team does not constitute advice. Spot currency trading can result in significant potential rewards, but also significant potential risks. The past performance of currency movement is not necessarily indicative of any future market direction.
30. Nedbank Private Wealth is a registered trade name of Nedbank Private Wealth Limited.
The parent of Nedbank Private Wealth Limited is Nedbank Group Limited, which is incorporated in South Africa and is regulated by the South African Reserve Bank. The latest audited report and accounts, and details of the credit rating are available at www.nedbankprivatewealth.com.
The Jersey branch is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
The London branch is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registration No: 313189.
The United Arab Emriates (UAE) representative office in Dubai is licensed by the Central Bank of UAE. Licence No. 13/191/2013.
Representation in South Africa is through Nedbank Limited. Registered in South Africa with Registration No 1951/000009/06, an authorised financial services and registered credit provider (NCRCP16).
Nedbank Private Wealth Limited is a participant in the Isle of Man Depositors’ Compensation Scheme as set out in the Compensation of Depositors Regulations 2010. For full details, please see www.iomfsa.im. Copies of the Bank’s audited accounts are available on request.
The Jersey branch of Nedbank Private Wealth Limited is a participant in the Jersey Banking Depositors Compensation Scheme. The scheme offers protection for eligible deposits of up to £50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Full details of the scheme, and banking groups covered, are available on www.gov.je/dcs or on request.
Your eligible deposits with Nedbank Private Wealth Limited, London branch are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit guarantee scheme. Any deposits you hold above the £85,000 limit are unlikely to be covered. Please ask for further information or visit www.fscs.org.uk .
Nedgroup Trust is a registered trade name of Nedgroup Trust Limited and Nedgroup Trust (Jersey) Limited.
Nedgroup Trust Limited is licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission under the Regulation of Fiduciaries, Administration Businesses and Company Directors, etc. (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2000 to form, manage and administer trusts, companies, pension schemes and gratuity schemes. Company Registration No. 23460. Nedgroup Trust (Jersey) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Please be aware that Nedbank Private Wealth Limited is not licensed to take deposits under the Banking Supervision (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1994 and it is not a member of the Guernsey Banking Deposit Compensation Scheme.