Video disclaimer from Nedbank Private Wealth
- Any video distributed via our digital channels, or via the third-party channels approved to distribute our material, has been produced in-house and is owned by Nedbank Private Wealth. Nedbank Private Wealth is a registered trade name of Nedbank Private Wealth Limited.
- We produce different types of videos. They may be to (a) update clients on our digital services; (b) provide information intended to help our clients and those interested in becoming a client to understand the opportunities available to them; and/or (c) promote our products and services.
- All rights reserved. The content is for your personal use or for your use when representing your company/entity. As a user, you must not sell, copy, publish, distribute, transfer, modify, display, reproduce, and/or create any derivative works from our content.
- Any examples of investments, structures, services and wrappers detailed in our videos are for your information only. They do not constitute an invitation or inducement to make a financial decision or transact. Any content does not constitute advice or a personal recommendation.
- Not all products and services referenced may be offered by Nedbank Private Wealth or its affiliates, and not all products and services included may be available to or suitable for you based on your jurisdiction or personal circumstances.
- We have made every effort to ensure that the information is accurate at the date of recording. The content is published in good faith, and no representation or warranty is made or implied by Nedbank Private Wealth as to its adequacy, accuracy, completeness and reasonableness, or that it is fit for your particular purpose. It should not be relied on as such. The content does not purport to be complete and is subject to change. Information may be introduced that has been supplied by third parties and may be incorrect or incomplete. Such information is provided on an “as is” basis.
- You should seek individual advice from a professional adviser, based on your circumstances, before making any financial decision.
- Nedbank Private Wealth shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising in connection with this material or out of the use, inability to use or reliance on the contents by any person, including without limitation, any loss of profit or any other damage, direct or consequential, regardless of whether they arise from contractual or tort (including negligence) or whether Nedbank Private Wealth has foreseen such possibility, except where such exclusion or limitation contravenes the applicable law.
Risks linked to specific products and services
- With regard to our wealth planning services, nothing in our videos constitutes legal or tax advice. Legislation and taxation rules often change and may not apply to your individual circumstances. Nedbank Private Wealth does not give tax or legal advice.
- With regard to our investment services, it is important to be aware that the value of investments can fall, as well as rise, and you might not get back the original amount invested. Exchange rate changes affect the value of investments. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future returns. Any individual investment or security mentioned may be included in clients’ portfolios and is referenced for illustrative purposes only, not as a recommendation, not least as it may not be suitable. Where we are placing deals under an execution-only arrangement, you are not receiving the same level of protection under legislation as you would where we had provided investment advice or made recommendations. We are not obliged to consider the suitability of the product based on our knowledge of you and/or take into consideration your risk appetite. We process the investment assuming you have made an informed decision on the basis of your own research, having independently reviewed the product literature or illustrations. We do not perform any reviews on the continuing suitability, performance, or risk of the investment after the transaction has been processed.
- With regard to our private banking services, Nedbank Private Wealth Limited is licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide regulated mortgages in the UK. If you fail to keep up loan repayments, your home or the assets used to secure the loan may be at risk. Before participating in the foreign exchange market, you should carefully consider your financial objectives, level of experience and risk appetite, and have taken appropriate advice. Any information provided by the treasury team is for your consideration only and the team cannot be held responsible for any losses. Spot currency trading can result in significant potential rewards, but also significant potential risks. The past performance of a currency is not necessarily indicative of any future market direction.
- In the UK, our videos have been approved for distribution by Nedbank Private Wealth Limited whose office is located at Seventh Floor, 12 Arthur Street, London, EC4R 9AB. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registration No:313189. Eligible deposits with Nedbank Private Wealth Limited, London branch are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit guarantee scheme. Any deposits you hold above that limit are unlikely to be covered. Please ask for further information or visit www.fscs.org.uk.
- In Jersey, our videos have been approved for distribution by Nedbank Private Wealth Limited whose office is located at 31 The Esplanade, St Helier, Jersey. We are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. The Jersey branch of Nedbank Private Wealth Limited is a participant in the Jersey Banking Depositors Compensation Scheme, which offers protection for eligible deposits of up to £50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Full details of the scheme and banking groups covered are available at www.gov.je/dcs or on request.
- In the Isle of Man, our videos have been approved for distribution by Nedbank Private Wealth Limited. Our registered office is located at St Mary’s Court, 20 Hill Street, Douglas, Isle of Man. We are licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority and are a participant in the Isle of Man Depositors’ Compensation Scheme, as set out in the Compensation of Depositors Regulations 2010. For full details, please see www.iomfsa.im.
- In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), our videos have been approved for distribution by Nedbank Private Wealth Limited. Our representative office is located at Office 205, 2/F., Emarat Atrium Building, Sheikh Sayed Road, PO Box 214500, Dubai, UAE and we are licensed by the Central Bank of UAE.
- The parent of Nedbank Private Wealth Limited is Nedbank Group Limited, which is incorporated in South Africa and is regulated by the South African Reserve Bank. The latest report and accounts, and details of the credit rating are available at www.nedbankprivatewealth.com. Representation in South Africa is through Nedbank Limited. Registered in South Africa with Registration No 1951/000009/06, an authorised financial services and registered credit provider (NCRCP16).
Updated: April 2022