The bank was contacted by a solicitor who specialises in the immigration of foreign nationals to the UK, with an enquiry about whether we could facilitate the requirements of an executive whose firm was relocating their executive committee to a new headquarters in London.
Hervé was employed in the role of global sales director, but spent the majority of this time travelling, outside of the UK, and developing business from an international client base. As a result of this, he had an employment contract which had specific remuneration arrangements to cater for his tax position, in that the majority of his salary would be non-UK earnings.
Hervé, a French national, is married to Alexia, an Italian national, would both be non-domiciled, but would be resident in the UK going forward.
The bank were asked to provide a UK Sterling account in order to receive 25% of Hervé’s salary in Pounds Sterling and an international Euro account to receive the remaining 75% of his non-UK work-related salary in Euros.
Both accounts were to be joint accounts and both Hervé and Alexia requiring debit cards in the account’s currency so that they could manage their onshore and offshore expenditure appropriately. This request was a re-occurring one for Nedbank Private Wealth due to its UK brand, and international centres, and the ability to provide multi-currency capabilities.
Once the accounts were open, Hervé and Alexia used their Euro account to consolidate the savings they had accumulated to date. They used their Sterling account to start save surplus income into wealth structures, such as ISAs, as well as receiving investment advice on what level of investment risk was appropriate for the couple.
As Hervé also has a small stake in his employer’s firm, their eventual aim is to financially benefit from any sale or floatation and, by dint of investing now, will also have built up their confidence levels in the investment process, seeking to amend their approach as time progresses and their circumstances change so that the investments remain suitable and support their financial goals and aspirations.
We regularly provide articles and insights about money management to help you achieve your wealth goals. Sign up to receive these emails directly in your inbox.
Clients of Nedbank Private Wealth can get in touch with their private banker directly to understand how wealth planning can help them achieve their financial goals and objectives, or call +44 (0)1624 645000 to speak to our client services team.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help you with wealth planning support, please contact us on the same number as above, or complete the contact us form using the link below.
Investment values can go down, as well as up, to the extent that you might get back less than you originally invested. The value of your investments may also be affected by exchange rates. The inclusion of any investment structures and wrappers is for information only and should not be taken as advice or a recommendation. You should seek the necessary advice, specific to your circumstances, before making any financial decision.
If you are interested in becoming a client, please complete the form via the ‘become a client’ button below. Alternatively, if you are already a client, or if you have a question about how we help clients in particular circumstances, please use the ‘contact us’ button.
We will get back to you as soon as we can during office hours, which are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time), except for UK public holidays.
Thank you for your interest in Nedbank Private Wealth. Please call us on +44 (0)1624 645000 or complete the requested information and one of our team will get back to you soon. We look forward to speaking with you. Please note: If you are an EU resident, we are unfortunately unable to offer our services to you at present.
* Required fields
Give us a call today on +44 (0)1624 645000 or please complete the requested information and one of our team will get back to you soon. We look forward to speaking with you.
Our office hours are weekdays from 8am to 8pm UK time, except for UK public holidays.
* Required field