As we move slowly towards some state of normality, we hope that you and your family are well.
Our last update was at the beginning of February and since then we have begun to see some more positive signs of a light at the end of the tunnel as a result of government initiatives and the vaccine rollout. As always, if there is anything that we can do to make this challenging time easier for you, please get in touch.
What is the current situation?
- The Isle of Man is currently in a second circuit-breaker lockdown. Our banking operations continue as normal with the majority of staff working from home. The office is closed to visitors at present.
- In Jersey our staff continue to work from home with only critical functions working from the office.
- All of the UK team are working from home and the office remains closed to visitors.
- The Dubai team continue to primarily work from the office while adhering to government guidelines.
- In Guernsey, cases have reduced and restrictions are being lifted in stages. The team are undergoing a phased return to the office.
We continue to follow government guidance across our locations. Staff remain dedicated to providing the excellent support to clients that has underpinned this unexpectedly prolonged period of uncertainty.
Business as usual
While we still have some staff working from home, it continues to be business as usual at Nedbank Private Wealth. As a reminder:
- We have updated a number of our processes to allow additional flexibility, and will continue to offer the full range of our services to all clients with the normal high levels of care and security.
- Our private banking and client services teams are available to help clients with their day-to-day investment, banking and lending needs. All our telephone lines and email addresses will be managed as normal.
- The focus of our investment specialists is to guide clients through any periods of unusual market volatility, and our investment committee meets frequently.
- Our wealth planning specialists are available to help create and manage financial plans, including updated cash flow modelling.
- All our staff remain extra vigilant in respect of potential fraud attempts – keeping our clients and their money safe from fraudsters who may be attempting to take advantage of the coronavirus pandemic. Our protect yourself from fraud page has advice on keeping your money safe from fraudsters.
What does this mean for clients?
It is business as usual across our organisation, however we encourage clients to use our mobile app or online banking service for payments, transfers and foreign exchange. This is the fastest and most secure way of transacting.
Clients can get in touch with their private bankers or relationship managers in the usual way: by telephone; email; or Qwil chat. Alternatively, clients can contact our client services team by email on [email protected] or call +44 (0)1624 645000.
Nedbank Private Wealth’s overriding priority remains the health and safety of our staff, clients and communities, and our focus remains to protect our clients, advise them with integrity, and make their lives easier.
If you would like to find out more about how we continue to operate, please contact your private banker or our client services’ team on +44 (0)1624 645000.