The new year has broken without much positive news on the COVID-19 front, although we all look forward to the vaccine being widely available. We hope you and your loved ones remain safe and well, particularly if you are dealing with the difficulties of lockdown in your area.
Our last COVID-19 update was before Christmas, and since then the coronavirus situation has continued to change quickly and significantly impact people and businesses around the world.
What is the current situation?
- Our Guernsey office remains fully staffed and open to visitors.
- Dubai staff are in the office at present and the office is open to visitors.
- Around half the staff in our Isle of Man office are working from home, and the office is closed to visitors at present.
- Our Jersey staff are mostly working from home, with only critical functions in the office. The office is closed to visitors at present.
- As London is in Tier 4, with no travel allowed into the city, all of our London team are working from home and the office is closed.
We continue to follow government guidance across our locations. Staff remain dedicated to providing the excellent support to clients that has underpinned this unexpectedly prolonged period of uncertainty.
Business as usual
The recent spikes in cases in some areas have meant changes in our working practices again, however it continues to be business as usual at Nedbank Private Wealth. As a reminder:
- We have updated a number of our processes to allow additional flexibility, and will continue to offer the full range of our services to all clients with the normal high levels of care and security.
- Our private banking and client services teams are available to help clients with their day-to-day investment, banking and lending needs. All our telephone lines and email addresses will be managed as normal.
- The focus of our investment specialists is to guide clients through any periods of unusual market volatility, and our investment committee meets frequently.
- Our wealth planning specialists are available to help create and manage financial plans, including updated cash flow modelling.
- All our staff remain extra vigilant in respect of potential fraud attempts – keeping our clients and their money safe from fraudsters who may be attempting to take advantage of the coronavirus pandemic. Our protect yourself from fraud page has advice on keeping your money safe from fraudsters.
What does this mean for clients?
It is business as usual across our organisation, however we encourage clients to use our mobile app or online banking service for payments, transfers and foreign exchange. This is the fastest and most secure way of transacting.
Clients can get in touch with their private bankers or relationship managers in the usual way: by telephone; email; or Qwil chat. Alternatively, clients can contact our client services team by email on [email protected] or call +44 (0)1624 645000.
Nedbank Private Wealth’s overriding priority remains the health and safety of our staff, clients and communities, and our focus remains to protect our clients, advise them with integrity, and make their lives easier.
If you would like to find out more about how we continue to operate, please contact your private banker or our client services’ team on +44 (0)1624 645000.