We hope that you and your family are well.
Since our previous update in June, there has been a further lifting of restrictions, despite the increasing surge of the Delta variant. At present we don’t know the impact this will have, but as always, if there is anything we can do to make this challenging time easier for you, please get in touch.
What is the current situation at Nedbank Private Wealth?
Our staff remain dedicated to providing the excellent support to clients that has underpinned this unexpectedly prolonged period of uncertainty.
We continue to follow government guidance in the locations where we operate, and provide a summary of our current operational status:
- The Isle of Man office is fully staffed and banking operations continue as normal. The office is open and we welcome clients to visit as required.
- In Jersey, our staffing levels in the office are approximately 50% and the office is open to visitors. Jersey is moving to stage 7 of their COVID strategy on 26 August, which means staff won’t need to work from home any longer and the office will return to normal.
- Around half of the UK team are now back in the office, on a rotational basis, but the office remains closed to visitors for the time being.
- The Dubai team continue to work from the office while adhering to government guidelines.
- In Guernsey, the business is operating as normal in the office.
Business as usual
While we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely, and will take steps should the need arise, we continue to operate as normal. We are well positioned for any further lockdowns in the unlikely event that might occur.
All our staff remain vigilant in respect of potential fraud attempts – keeping our clients and their money safe from fraudsters who may be attempting to take advantage of the coronavirus pandemic. Our protect yourself from fraud page has advice on keeping your money safe from fraudsters
What does this mean for clients?
It is business as usual across our organisation. However, we encourage clients to use our mobile app or online banking service for payments, transfers and foreign exchange. This is the fastest and most secure way of transacting.
Clients can get in touch with their private bankers or relationship managers, in the usual way, by telephone, email, or Qwil chat. Alternatively, clients can contact our client services team by email on [email protected] or call +44 (0)1624 645000 between 8am and 8pm from Monday to Friday (except for UK bank holidays).
Nedbank Private Wealth’s overriding priority remains the health and safety of our staff, clients and communities while protecting our clients, advise them with integrity, and making their lives easier.
If you would like to find out more about how we continue to operate, please contact your private banker or our client services’ team on +44 (0)1624 645000.